Filing a Claim
Life Insurance Claims Frequently Asked Questions
1. As an individual, how do I start a claim?Ìý
To begin the claims process,Ìý complete the online PDF of theâ€¯Claimant Statement; print and sign it, scan it or take a photograph of it, and email it to email@example.comâ€¯and we will begin the processing.â€¯Please include a death certificate.Ìý
Alternatively, you can complete theâ€¯Claimant Statement, sign it, and mail it to us at the address below:â€¯Ìý
12115 Lackland RoadÌý
St. Louis, MOâ€¯ 63146Ìý
2. If I am with a funeral home or a funding company, how do I verify benefits and start the claims process?
For funeral homes and funding companies, please fill out the formâ€¯C-0042 Life Claim Benefit Verification Request, and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. â€¯You can also fax the form to us at 1-866-341-6992 or 1-866-634-6992.
3. How long does it take to verify benefits?Ìý
For most life claims, benefits are verified within 24 hours.Ìý
4. What is needed to submit a claim?Ìý
Claims generally require:Ìý
- Completed Claimant Statement
- Death Certificate
- If the policy is less than 2 years old, includes accidental death benefits, or the insured has been divorced, other documents may be requiredÌý
5. How long will it take to process a claim?Ìý
Each claim is unique and deserves the appropriate amount of attention.â€¯ While we do not know how long a specific claim may take to review and process, we strive to accurately process all claims in a timely and efficient manner.
6. How will you communicate with me after I have submitted a claim, and how often?Ìý
You will receive an acknowledgment letter (via postal mail) soon after submitting your claim.â€¯ We will update you in writing approximately every three weeks to provide you with the status of your claim.
7. If I have a question, how can I get in touch with you?Ìý
Please call us at 800.777.8467.â€¯ Our call center is open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday